Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wildlife 3

We have a tenant in our property.
Unfortunately it's brown and black, the size of The Husbands hand and runs very fast and erratically.
Yes we have a large cockroach that I think may be heavily laden with a zillion eggs from the same gene pool which creates extremely large cockroaches. I'm too nervous to kill it because (a) I don't want to have to deal with the carcass or the mess (b) I don't want the zillion eggs released on impact (c) w don't have a tool large enough to ensure a swift death (d) I don't want to have to deal with the carcass or the mess.
Even the rental agent is grossed by it and said she had to herd it into a corner when showing a prospective tenant. I'm thinking "honey that's what you're earning the big bucks for".
I'm too grossed to step back inside the property until Ken the exterminator visits on Monday. He told me to leave a cheque on the bench. I'm already trying to work through the logistics and planning the path of least likelihood of a meeting when I run the cheque in. All thoughts of laying new cupboard lining is history.
And it's only the start of the season. I think I'm ready to go home.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think you can get close enough to take a photo - or how about setting up a video so we can get some footage of its movements while you're out. I can't imagine something that big and that disgusting. Bet it makes you wish for ants!

    ReplyDelete