Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 11



The Husband in our early days of our relationship knowing my preferred choice of music was Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins and even a bit of Guns 'N' Roses, bravely soldiered on and introduced me to his world of classical music.  We get each other - I believe there is beauty in the way words and phrases are put together and that's why I love to read, likewise he loves the way a piece of music can be so beautiful, not just in it's melody but in it's structure.  I'm still battling to win him over to read anything other than business related text books, but he won me over in a heartbeat with his music.  This is one of my favourite pieces. 

Ave Verum Corpus is a short eucharistic poem that has been translated by many composers, however Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's  composition is the best known and is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written.  I'd agree!  Mozart completed this piece in 1791 for a feast of Corpus Christi at Baden where he was visiting.
Take a quiet moment, be still, and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment