Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 18


Crikey, 18 days in and I'm struggling.  Not for things to write about but it's the pressure to write daily.  Admittedly it hasn't been easy with the InLaws staying in the same room as the computer, and even though I'd ask if I could go in their room to write, I always felt like I shouldn't.  Not that my boys ever had that problem as they'd barge in as soon as the one of their grandparents had surfaced and start playing some loud noisy and very innappropriate shoot-em-up game on the computer.  I'm sure this must have been the case becuase I was never game to stick my head in the room to catch them out, in fear that I caught one of my in-laws in their pjs.
HOWEVER, this is my rod I've created.  I can't seem to find my writing mojo today either and I'm sure it's a result of the incredibly poor diet/wine/greasy food diet I've been on since Easter.  I have my running gear on and my map and I am happily planning a run on one of my old Oxfam Trailwalker tracks.  I tried the same one last week and got lost within a very short amount of time.  Anyhow I have about a zillion days of Self Improvement to catch up, so I AM going to make a start. 
With my Self Improvement facts, I have a little notebook of one word suggestions of things I've always wanted to find out about or think I should, but the reality is that most of them come from random thoughts,  Today however I'm on a post sugar high comedown, so I am hitting up the notebook for ideas.  
AND today is the start of my new imrpoved healthy me, I'm getting back on track and will NOT eat any small chocolate easter eggs today.  Not one, and definitely not 15.  Like yesterday.

How many man-made satellites are orbiting the earth?  Incredibly there are almost 25,000 manmade objects in space, and of these only 8681 are actually in orbit, with over 16,000 in a state of decay.  Satellites are tracked by the United States Space Surveillance Network which has been tracking every object in orbit over 10cm since 1957.  The majority of these become unstable and incinerate upon re-entry into our atmosphere.  Satellites have an operating lifespan of 5 to 20 years, with the largest currently in orbit around space the International Space Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment