Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 47


I've been a bit flat on the exercise front lately - I think it's a combo of dull weather, apathy and general winter-ness.  But today I finally got out and had a good run, nay, an excellent run.  I had good music, pace and attitude - thank gawd, it's taken long enough!!!  While I was out there, I kept think, "I must post on FaceBook that "I've got my running mojo back"".  Which got me thinking.....

What is a "mojo"?

Mojo originates from the Cameroon and basically means a magic charm or spell.  It can also be an amulet, often a small flannel bag containing one or more magic items, worn by believers of hoodoo or voodoo.  A good candidate for the source is "moco'o", meaning a witch doctor or person who works magic. That word is from the Fula language, from the Niger-Congo language family.

There you go, someone's been working some magic on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment