Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mysteries in Life



Why, when you soak the casserole dish encrusted with meat and gick and gravy and carrots and more gick, overnight, does everything not liquify (like that?) so you can tip it down the drain easily the next morning?  Why is it still there, just colder and smellier and more heave-inducing as you finally scrape it out (which is what should have happened the night before).

And why can I still not make anything even slightly ok'ish in my new slow cooker - I thought this was the answer to all crazy-busy-mothers-who-finally-start-cooking-dinner-at-8pm's prayers?

And The Husband thought he had a stressful job.

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning beautiful girl. Thanks for always making me smile.

    Whoever said slow cooking is easy was kind of fibbing. I find I have to be MORE organised when slow cooking, rather than just whipping a quick dinner together. But, having said that, I have recently found a great slow cooking book by Women's Weekly and the 3 recipes I have tried so far are to die for, and they were easy, just not spur of the moment.

    So if you're like me and are more spur of the moment rather than planned for dinner it can seem harder.

    Glad you had a great break away.

    Looking forward to more smiles from your stories.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, thanks Donna, I'll keep persevering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey babe, I love my slow cooker for those busy days where I am trying to be superwoman. Our family fave is roast chicken in it. On the bottom of the cooker I put thickly sliced onion, lemon, garlic (unpeeled) - whatever I have. Stuff some lemon, garlic and fressh herbs (usually thyme is in there) in the chicken. Pop it in the slow cooker, season liberally with salt and pepper. Slosh some wine over the top - prob a glass or two. Put the lid on, stick it on low and forget it. When I come home and have a lovely roast chook, I feel like a domestic goddess (for at least 1 day)

    ReplyDelete