Thursday, January 13, 2011

Vibes


Do you have "good vibe" and "bad vibe" clothes?

You know the ones ... that dress or outfit that is a sure thing, your happy clothes, the clothes that you've worn before, when good stuff has happened?  Is it our imagination or is it more likely a confidence thing  - you feel like you're smokin', you feel invincible, you feel professional/sexy/confident/stylish and unstoppable.
Likewise, do you have "bad vibe" clothes?  The clothes that make you feel blah, that everything sort of implodes when you wear them, that you know just aren't good for you.  I'm like that with the colour red.  I own nothing red, red makes me angry.  I look and feel angry in red.  I just don't get red.  I also had a particularly toxic pink work jacket with garish faux gold buttons.  I thought it whispered "Chanel" but in reality, it screamed "Cheap Chain Store".  I never felt great in that jacket (probably because it clashed with my complexion, or because I used to wear it with a black short skirt and anything that involved me showing my legs always made me feel less than average) But it was the early 90's so I can be forgiven.
I have a dress that just doesn't work for me.  It's a cute style on someone else, but the colours grey, black and yellow?  Really?  What was I thinking?  I always feel a bit ...off, in that dress, I'm not in my A game, I struggle.  So why don't I throw the sodden thing out?  Well, after yesterday, it's officially going into the next Vinnies bag.  Everything didn't go as well as it could have.  For no particular reason.  But you know what?  I'm going to blame a dress because there's nothing better than wiping the slate clean and starting again, and what better way to do that, than to change into clothes that put you in a happy place.
It's better than feeling sorry for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. I have some things I have chucked out that I have been told suited me but I never felt right in them.
    I can see that dress above is cute but I also see those pockets looking like saggy boobs - nipples included ; ) ...sorry...maybe that was the problem with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol @ saggy boobs! I was thinking was quite cute til I read that, now I see it in a whole new light. I have recently been through and cleared out a whole heap of stuff that I thought I loved but look really terrible in. I was ruthless although some might say that I kept some of the stuff I should've chucked... I def have clothes that make me feel good (few of them) and those that make me feel like a spectacular dag. xx

    ReplyDelete