Sunday, March 27, 2011

Where am I and where am I going?

It's been a while since I last posted.

In fact, just before my marathon.  Which was an amazing weekend, shared with friends, soaking up the gorgeous Central Otago scenery of NZ, and running for many, many hours.  I can't wait to come back and do it again with The Husband on his mountain bike in tow.
But I've kind of had an ephiphany.  I love writing this blog, you know I do.  I love your feedback, I love the fact you read my stuff, and I get a huge amount of satisfaction from writing here.  But in my head I imagine I only have so much creative energy for writing.  I write a post and I feel I've got it out, it may only take a little bit of time to write it, but then the creative energy coffers have run a little dry and my yearn for writing "something" has gone.  And so I don't end up writing anything else.

I need to write other stuff.  I have a huge "file" in my head full of ideas.  I need to put them in a more commercial place than my blog.  I want to be good at this.
 There are stacks of bloggers out there who are trying to make a living out of blogging.  Many of their readers are other bloggers.  They are a little self sustaining community.  But that's not me.  I don't write the way I need to to make a buck out of my blog.  I don't do it for this reason, and never will.  I just like getting my thoughts down without thinking about key words, stats or reader giveaways.

So Peeps, I am taking a break.  I'm parking this blog for a bit - it may be a month or it may be a few.  I'm going to get my writing mojo going and once I feel I've established myself enough "out there", then I'll be back, full noise.  And my blog will then complement my other stuff rather than the other way around.  If I lose some of you in the process, thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog, I've valued your readership.  Seriously.  And for those that patiently wait ... thank you.  I will be back.


And on that note, one last image from the fabulous www.weheartit.com - thank you for letting me borrow quietly all the beautiful  images I've found.

3 comments:

  1. You know I'll be right here waiting and wishing you all the best and keeping in touch. There is something a brewing with you, I can feel it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharni! Changes are happening all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, we'll miss you here but we'll turn up wherever you are. xxx

    ReplyDelete