Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Marching to the beat of your own drum


I brush up some inspirational people in my world, the kind of people who make my pulse quicken a little, who I get, who I know get me, and who motivate me to put down my ramblings into some form other than a cacophony of chaotic and tangental thoughts ricocheting around my head.  The lovely Laney from Crash Test Mummy, is one of those people, and has popped some ideas to mull over up on her clever blog.  I'm going to give it a shot.


More than anything I really want to do something about...
Don't shoot me, I know there are so many incredible causes out there, but today, at this moment in time, I really just want to help grow my boys into fine young men, who are generous with their love, and who live life to their fullest most gorgeous potential.  Sorry, I can't help it.  They are my world.


The values most important to me...
100% committed to life, not being a passenger, a parasite, a victim, but living my fullest, most inspired life, and trying to be a nice person along the way.


My proudest moment...
Hands down, nothing comes close - Baby No 1 (bam), Baby No 2 (bam), Baby No 3 (bam) - who would have thought I was capable of this. 


I want to be remembered for...
Words, lots of them.  And for being a daughter, a wife, a sister, a friend, a mum.


Time stands still when I...
Escape into a book.  Preferably in my white bed in my peaceful bedroom with fat pillows squished up behind my head.  I'm gone.


My most treasured possession....
Lordy, this is tough, feelings are going to be hurt here, seriously I love all the gifts ever given to me, all of them.  But my most treasured possession, right now, would be a glass cube that my mum gave me, that The Husband and I keep our toothbrushes in.  (I know!) It was one of the last things she gave me before she died which makes it so vulnerable. And a pile of old tools of my grandfathers that I keep as ornaments, the sight of these bring back memories of my sister and me playing "dentists" in his shed (amazing that the Sister didn't coerce me into being the patient rather than the blocks of wood in the vice we practiced on).


Something I am totally and emotionally committed to ....
My marriage, my kids, my friendships, being me and living my best possible life.


Phew, once again, I've served myself up on a platter, warts and all.  How about you?  What drum do you march to?   Humour me Peeps, take a moment and have a think....





5 comments:

  1. What a great read Lise. I love the way you can tell the world, i'm probably not as open as you babe.

    * Have No Regrets.
    * Live life to the full in every way possible.
    * My kids, family and friends are my world. (it's been a while since we had a vino girl!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous words Lisa. I LOVE that the thing you most do something about is raising your beautiful boys to be beautiful men. The world needs us all to have this as a goal I think - you have inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly LOVE your blog header - creative and so sparkly. Secondly yes the warts and all bit is bloody scary isn't. Thank god there are women bringing up the next generation of men like you are - though I think they'll be a bit old for my little girl...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for joining in and sorry I haven't got to you until now. We have family staying from NZ and I'm trying to enjoy every minute rather than sneaking off to my computer ;)

    Your commitment to your family comes through so strongly Lisa, it was a pleasure to read your words. Our children are our legacy and it sounds like you'll be leaving a fine one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Growing fine young children into fine adults is a remarkable achievement. I wish for that too. x

    ReplyDelete