Monday, July 14, 2008

Two Firsts

This will suprise the girls back in NZ! I think another lowlight on Facebook was being nominated the least likely to have an adventure. Now being totally honest for me sometimes the logistics and the fear of making a fool of myself counter the excitement of doing the event. So 2008 for me is about the Year of the Event. I'm starting with a 13km "pub2pub" run - basically along gorgeous stretches of Sydney's northern beaches. I'm running as part of a group with my trainer encouraging 70 or so of us to do the same run, wear t-shirts etc and our training geared towards the run. Mia is also doing it and introduced me to her secret weapon - an ipod shuffle. I've only ever had a MP3 player that held maybe 20 songs that I got as a christmas gift from Westpac where I worked one year, and I never knew how to change the songs that a friend loaded for me. So I dragged my boys to Big W, and bought my own IPod and ON MY OWN, worked out how to download my CDs and buy songs on Itunes. I am so happy with myself.
And on Saturday I went for a great run around the beaches listening to my new tunes.
I too, now have a secret weapon.

And FYI, so I lock myself in, more events for me this year include a 10km run over the Sydney Harbour Bridge and a sea swim from the Opera House. Just watch my Face Book rankings climb!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment