Thursday, February 21, 2008

What a week

I've had a bit of a mad week caused mostly by the fact I had a small issue with my web developers, specifically my website. I won't bore you with the details, but we had a tense e-mail standoff, basically they've had enough of my slow progress on my site and want to start charging a "management fee" by pulling some random date out of the air and threatening me with it. This didn't go down well, especially with the developers using such patronising terms as "we think you're doing such a SUPER thing" (and yes they did you the caps lock function a bit readily but with a patronising tone), I think I used expressions such as "perhaps next time in the interests of client relationships, if you have an issue, give me a call to chat through it rather than formalising it by e-mail and changing the tone of our working relationship..." get the drift, and yes it did take me ages to "craft" each response. Anyhow we're slowly sorted it, and i hope they've learnt that even though I may appear a bit dizzy and fluffy, those years of corporate training have still left a bit of pit bull terrior in me.

So we're back on track, I have got a time frame to work to and I'm upping my hours and pace a bit. We're up to all the tough process stuff now and although I'm nervous of it, I got a call from a techo guru from the project team who is on my case, so hopefully we'll progress!

Boring post, but just giving you a bit of context to my project and the problems I kind of need to head off sometimes. This one was even worth involving The Husband in.

No comments:

Post a Comment