Thursday, May 22, 2008

An Observation

The nature of my world is that I seem to always rush everywhere and I think that this is just the reality of life when you have kids of a certain age and you're just in that stage where you need to get them to lots of different places and they can't fend for themselves. Although I wonder if there will ever be a day when I give the boys a couple of dollars and the bus timetable and say "see ya after soccer/swimming/tennis practice" . I live in hope. My rushing is notorious, as one pre-school teacher told me off for always rushing in and out and never having a chance to chat, I was too much in a rush to think of something to say back to her as I needed to rush to pick Will up from school. And DON'T get me started on carparking at school. That would take up this whole post, I'll save it for later. All I'll say is I should have done what my clever forward thinking friend Kristin did and get a house 8 doors away from school. Like I said, don't get me started.

Anyhow I had a revelation this morning - Fridays are very rushed days for me as I do 3 dropoffs at different places and then have a magic 2 1/2 hours before picking Smith up again. As I was waiting for a carpark in his pre-school (to reverse into - a small, irritating quirk of Australian schools, kindys, supermarkets, carparks in general is that you are supposed to reverse into car parks - my right front bumper will tell you that I haven't yet mastered that art, and yet I frown with the rest of them when someone has driven into a park - if I had too, then so should they!!!).
Where was I? As I was waiting, I saw a fellow rushed mother, rushing back to her car, and zooming away so quickly that the car behind her tooted at her. I thought she's either rushing to fully maximise her brief window of solitude, or she is rushing a very late child to school.

Revelation....it's not just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment