Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A moment


School drop off has, and always will, be an interesting time of day for observing behaviours, especially that of the school mum brigade.  In fact I've written a few here and there

So this morning, I was hovering in the Drop Off zone, and as Rafe was getting out of the car, and I was turning back to chat with him, I noticed in the car behind me, a son was leaning over into the front seat to give his mum a cuddle and she hugged him tightly back and they both kissed.  They were bathed in sunshine and love.  It was such a special moment, and I can't really capture the magic of it.  But it made me feel goose bumpy.  When I saw who it was, it came as no suprise.  Just one of those lovely, special mums that are as nice in the school yard as they obviously are at home.

I tried to give Rafey an even squishier hug when he left, but he wasn't having any of it. 
Still, a lovely moment and lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment