Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 62



Do you sometimes feel that life's just cruising along tickety-boo, and then it's like a massive wind hurtles through your world and changes what you know as normal.  You know the times?  Like when there is a destructive flood/tsunami/earthquake happening in different parts of the world - are they connected in anyway?  What's coming next?
Or when everyone's been healthy, and then all your kids get sick at the same time, the car needs a new tyre and you lose your wallet....your status quo is jostled a bit.
Maybe it's meant to keep us in the game, keep us on our toes, not let complacency creep into our worlds.  I dunno....  but I know I'm indirectly in this space at the moment.  There is worry in my world, there is sickness, there are earthquakes...not directly affecting me, just my world.

I am on my toes.

What was the world's strongest recorded earthquake?


The strongest earthquake took place in Chile on May 22, 1960. It measured 9.5 on the Richter scale. In this earthquake, 2,000,000 people were left homeless, 5,000 were injured, and 2,000 more died. The quake caused tidal waves, which killed 61 people in Hawaii, 138 people in Japan, and 32 in the Philippines.

Thinking of our family in Christchurch, New Zealand today.

No comments:

Post a Comment